Swisstrax Rental Flooring FAQ
If you have questions that are not addressed here, please Contact Us.
- Can I mix and match different colors of tiles? Yes, Swisstrax tiles, including Ribtrax and Vinyltrax, come in several colors. Tile rental prices are the same for any color within the same tile design. All 15.75" tiles can also be interlocked to make a unique floor that has different sections or textures.
- Can I remove a single tile from the middle of the floor without tearing out to the edge? Yes, using a flat-edged screwdriver you are able to pop out a single tile in the Ribtrax design only from the middle without affecting the rest of the floor. Otherwise, for other tile designs where the top surface is solid, the interlocking design allows for easy disassembly in sections to reach the desired tile's location.
- Can I install Swisstrax by myself? Yes, Swisstrax is easily and quickly installed by the end user. No experience is necessary and no special tools are required. They simply interlock together and the pressure of one's palm is enough to secure the tiles into place.
- Are Swisstrax tile comfortable to walk on? Yes, Swisstrax is comfortable to walk on and better on your knees and back than a cement surface. Women in high heels can also walk on any of our tiles with comfort.
- Will the color of the Swisstrax tiles fade? No, All Swisstrax tiles are UV resistant.
- Are the Swisstrax tiles able to support a lot of weight? Yes, Swisstrax tiles can support up to 4,000 PSI (pounds per square inch) and can handle up to 56,000 lbs. of rollover weight.
- Can Swisstrax tiles be cut for custom installations? Yes, Swisstrax tiles can be easily cut using a table saw or circular saw to your specific installation needs.
- Are Swisstrax tiles resistant to oils and acids? Swisstrax is resistant to most fluids and chemicals except for battery acid. Make sure to keep away from direct heat sources such as butane torches as well.
- Does Swisstrax become slippery when wet? Swisstrax tiles have an effective anti-slip ingredient mixed with the polypropylene which keeps them slip free when wet. Most of the competitors simply spray on an anti-slip mixture after production which gradually wears off, whereas Swisstrax has it mixed in during production, so it won't ever wear off.
- What makes Swisstrax tiles superior to those of the competition? Swisstrax is the Ferrari of modular flooring. We have the highest performing tiles, which hold much more psi than those of the competition. Swisstrax has an industry leading warranty and superior locking system to the other brands. In addition, Swiss Rental Floors provides superior customer service with our staff helping you from start to finish on your flooring rental.